Wednesday, March 5, 2008

This one hurts

Trixie was standing on a chair and looked over to a shelf that held a paper bag album Bubba made at school. It was propped open to a picture of him and Sharon. Trixie squealed with joy "I see Grandma! I see Grandma!" Then "I yuv Grandma. I want her to come back to me. "

*sob*

That was last week. Then today, a repeat. She took the album down and said almost the exact thing. "I yuv her. I want her come back. Mommy - Grandma come back my house."

I know she remembers her. I know she does. Even though she is only 27 months old and it has been exactly 10 months, I am confident that when she sees Sharon she feels her love and longs to have her back.

We all do.

1 comment:

Miss French Jessica said...

Aww, that's so heart-breaking. I know how hard it is losing a loved one when the kids are so little. My mom passed away when my daughter was 18 months old. We talk about her all the time, though to keep her memory alive. If she'd lived another month, she would have gotten to meet the twins. :( Just sad all around. Hugs to you and yours.