Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Checkin' in...

Just haven't felt like bloggin' the last few days.

Long story short, Trixie climbed up on the dining room table and decided to blow out a candle. Instead, she caught her hair on fire. If I hadn't walked in right that second...........

Well, I can't even think too long about it. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Things can change in an instant. I love my kids so much. I don't know how I would live without any one of them.

Anyway, as I was slapping her upside the head (to put out the fire!) I think I pressed some of the flames onto her forehead, which caused a few burns. Nothing major. Trip to the ER and some silver sulfadiazine and she's almost as good as new. (yes, I italicized and highlighted that for a reason......see below:)

Nurse: Any allergies?

Me: No, except I really don't want her to have sulfa because I had a really bad allergic reaction to it and so have some other members of my immediate family.

Nurse: Okay. Well, this is just silver, it doesn't have any sulfa in it.

Me: Okay, great!

On package in big letters: Silver Sulfadiazine. Hmmmmm...interesting.

Anyway, she's fine with it. But one day there were two spots on her head that turned bluish-silverish-purple and I had a moment of panic.

Not only did I leave a burning candle unattended, then left a 2 year old unattended (okay, I was with her in the kitchen seconds before and she had been in the dining room all of one minute I think), then I smacked her upside the head to put out the flames, which probably caused the burn marks on her forehead, then I allowed her to have sulfa applied to her face, which then began to turn her face blue.

Oh my heck, I'm going to be raising a blue man/girl :
http://www.kval.com/news/local/12648491.html

What have I done? What have I done?!

Anyway, it didn't turn out that way. She's okay. Really. And I will be too after some therapy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor kid. At least you were able to catch her before she got too badly hurt.

Brenda
(Photo Smurf from 2Ps)

Brandy said...

Oh no!! How scary! I'm glad you got to her when you did!! It's amazing what can happen in a split second!!

Jess said...

Ack! Another reason why I am SO anti-candles! I'm glad she's alright. I like your blog btw.

Jess - AKA: scrapprjes on 2peas

Purple Princess said...

How scary! Glad she is ok.

Tara (Purple Princess on 2 Peas)

Fanciful Cutter said...

i'm glad your baby is okay, and don't be so hard on yourself!
Cyndy
2 Peas
DRAGONFLYDREMER

Deb said...

Poor trixiebelle...i should have given her a hug this morning...granted it happened a little while ago...but still...wow! remember, you're a great mommy! accidents will happen! glad she is ok!!!