Monday, March 31, 2008

The Wisconsin Dells, baby!!

We just finished Spring Break and were able to make our (almost) annual trip to the Dells to hang out with our great friends, Bart, Crisy & their daughter Samantha! I will post pics as soon as possible, but I took all my pictures with a disposable water-proof camera so they will probably suck.

We stayed at the Wilderness on the Lake. I think this was our 4th time at this resort. It's our favorite, although we don't have a lot to compare it to; We've been to Kalahari once and to the Polynesian one time in the summer.

If you stay on the lake, you get this beautiful view of the lake. (weird, huh?) It is soooo relaxing, and we spend more time in our room and the kids don't mind one bit. There are 3 bedrooms, 2 fireplaces, a full kitchen & huge table and a washer/dryer too. Oh, and did I mention the gigantic jacuzzi (which the kids love) and the two-headed shower, which the adults love. :)

The year before last was our Napolean Dynomite year (it was constantly playing on the main tv in the living room.) This year it was a Superbad year. :) We had to be more careful with this one. No kiddos allowed, cause Superbad is, well, SUPER BAD!! (and super funny)

Tim made his world famous chorizo burritos for breakfast, which made Crisy a very happy girl. They were super yummy! I drank a lot of $7.50 margaritas. Too many. They were also super yummy. I may have even had one with my chorizo burrito breakfast. I'm not sure though...it's all kind of a blur to me.

Just kidding! I know my limits, and I do have children to watch. Around water. (Please don't read my other post about the fire.) But anyway......

We have a long history with B & C. Bart hired Tim right out of college to work for him at Foot Locker. Yeah, that's a whole other story, but they immediately clicked and Crisy was the first wife of one of Tim's friends that I ever really clicked with. She is awesome. It has been a 19 year friendship for the four of us! Wow! I just realized that. Man...that's a long time! We have sooooo many great stories and memories between the four of us, that it is always an awesome time of reminiscing and making lots of new memories too.

Samantha & Princess were born exactly 4 weeks apart so the three kids really have a great time together. (most of the time - lol!) They live in Wisconsin now (traitors), but we FIBs have just stayed put in the better state. (yeah, ask around to find out what a FIB is if you don't know)

Anyway, we don't see each other nearly as much as we did in the good old no-kids days back in Chicago, but we still get together several times a year. They do most of the driving to us because of our dog situation, and have made it for just about every Hog Days since we've been here. (and why wouldn't they?) We love 'em!

Anyway, it was a great time and I highly recommend the Dells to anyone who wants a great, relaxing, somewhat expensive vacation. :)

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I have a friend that lives in WI and she takes her family to the Dells each year, I want to say at Mother's Day. She just loves it and so do her kids!! Sounds like a blast!

Marie Starr said...

I am sure you will have a wonderful time!

Deb said...

How great!!! I am so glad you had a great time...we'll have to go out some night for those margaritas...Isnt it so cool to have those friends that you've had forever...everything about hanging out with them is just so relaxing...and fun and usually alchol is involved...lol!!!

Glad you had a great time!!!