Friday, March 7, 2008

Hubby say wha?! (said in my best Hannah Montana voice)

I have to share this precious peek into my home life. A few days ago T-man was getting Trixie ready to go in the car, and we had this insightful little conversation:

T-Man: "Where are her shoes?"

Me: "She wasn't wearing any." (meaning we had not gone anywhere yet today so I hadn't brought any downstairs or set any out)

T-Man: "Where are they?"

Me: "She wasn't wearing any." (I repeated)

T-Man: "But where are they?"

Me: "Well, I guess they're with all her shoes!" (getting slightly annoyed at this point)

T-Man: "Yeah. Where is that?"

Hubby say wha?!!

Are you frickin' kidding me? He doesn't know where her shoes are?! Okay, considering she shares a room with Princess and they have a teeny tiny closet, you'd think I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. However, also considering the fact that the girls have 4 large shelves above Princess' dresser, and Trixie's shoes have been (overflowing and falling off) on the bottom shelf for 2 years IN PLAIN VIEW, it's not gonna happen. No benefit of the doubt for me.

Me: "Do you mean to tell me you don't know where we keep Trixie's shoes?! Are you frickin' kidding me?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?"

And then I had to take a deep breath, calm down and remind myself of the limited, precious time I have left with my darling hubby. So I told him where to go. (Hee, hee. No, not that kind of telling him where to go. I was helpful. Informative. Now he knows.)

The end.

4 comments:

Miss French Jessica said...

Men. My dh does the same. Something's in plain sight and he can't see it. :D

. said...

Wait, are we married to the same guy?

wholarmor said...

Hee. My DH is the same way- with anything and everything! I think it's a man gene.

Brandy said...

LOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry, I have to laugh at that because I have a dh that still doesn't know where all the dishes go. Once in a great while I'll ask him to put the dishes away (from the dishwasher mind you). Two days later I CANNOT find something and then say to myself "ok, where would J put it?" I usually can find it within 3 tries!! LOL